Houston Teen’s TikTok video explains unwritten rules many African-Americans live by

1. Elon Musk a single man from South Africa without any cultural affiliation came into United States and built an empire and African American are after 400 years still struggling to build a Forbes 500 business that competes globaly. Get your house in order negros.

2. This is not about common sense,it’s about the different treatment when black and white break the “comment sense”

3. more professional victimhood. He has MUCH more to worry about from someone of his own race robbing or killing him

4. I teach my kids the same thing, that is common sense and every kid should be taught and follow. I also teach them to be alert about their surroundings and carry at least a 20$ in case they get robbed, 20$ may save their life.

5. If driving and a cop pulls you over pull over right away and turn the car off. Have your license, registration, ID and insurance out and ready to go so you are not reaching into any compartments when the cop is at the car
    Do not exercise any rights and just answer the questions with yes officer no officer and fully comply.

Never make eye contact with a cop while walking or driving.

The final and most important of them all. Always always always be 100 percent legal. You only get one chance.

6. All those rules are common sense, I was taught by all those rules at very young age, not only “don’t stare at Caucasian lady” but any person. That is not polite. He has a wonderful mother.

7. It’s not the same. Sure, parents in general teach their kids life skill sets, but not all parents are thinking their kids might die if they don’t follow these rules.

8. All my Hispanic friends had similar rules growing up. Some to add to the list: Speak in English around other non-Hispanic people to prove you are Americanized. While others told their kid the white van was going to kidnap them, we were told they were going to deport us. LOL

• @DA223 You are so dense…just because we dont have an official language, doesnt mean you shouldnt learn english. Our schools are taught in English, our street signs are in English…ALL official communication is in English…turn on the TV…all stations except Telemundo are in English…so tell me again how you “dont have to” learn English…if you are going to move to our country, at least have the decency to learn the most commonly used native language. How do you expect people to communicate if there isnt a shared language in a nation? Please get over your stupid politically correct indoctrination and comprehend that a nation should ALWAYS have a shared SINGLE language regardless of whether or not it has an “official” language or not…and im 30, not old at all…im just not a naive, indoctrinated fool like you

• @Charles Charlemagne America doesn’t have an official language what do you not understand? You sound like a typical 83 year old racist trump supporter. You don’t have to speak english in the US if you don’t want to. I can go anywhere in the US and only speak spanish if I want its not illegal or wrong in any way. When you visit a country learn the language before you go then if you think you should speak the most used language in that country. What an absolute idiot

• @DA223 yeah you do have to speak english in America…we dont teach our kids in any other language…our street signs are in english. All official communication is in english. If you live here, you should speak english. Accept it and stop crying racism at every corner. A nation should have a common language. No, people like YOU are the problem…so brainwashed into thinking that a common language for a nation is a bad thing. If I were to move to another country, I would have enough respect for that country to learn their native language. I wouldnt be an entitled brat and demand everyone learn mine. Close your mouth

• @Charles Charlemagne When you visit another country do you not speak english to the people you’re with? You Americans like to travel to different countries an speak english don’t ya, but when its people speaking different languages in your country its a problem. People like you are the problem in this country.

• @Charles Charlemagne America doesn’t have an official language so NO you don’t have to speak english in America.

9. I am a white lady and I was taught this from a very young age. It truly is called common curtesy and common decency. It is not just what black youth should do it is what Human Beings should do. This young man is blessed with a wonderful Mother. My mother and dad also said we better not ever embarrass the family by our behavior. I learned the hard way sometimes, but I now know that how you behave and how you treat others is about what kind of person you want to be.

10. As a privileged old white man, these racist comments sicken me.  Racism has to be called out at every hint of it.  This young man should not have to worry about surviving a walk down the street.

11. I am white and my parents taught me the same thing. It sounds like good parenting to me. Parents are the failure of America at the moment.

12. If you write
    I’m white and I do that with my kid
    I bet you also say something like
    All lives matter tho

So to me basically
    You just want things to stay the same and you are part of the problem
    Simple minded

13. every blk kid had to have this talk with their parents … while other kids are learning about birds & bees. As a teen I was stopped 5 times in one night ….. Everyday you think just one of those stops could have been the end. You never know when you “fit the description” and to them we all look alike…

• ferrypanda
      Really? How do you know what my children fear? I’m quite sure they do, especially my son who has had a gun held to his head after a cop mistook him for a fleeing felon…simply based on a vague description of the car and his WHITE race. It’s not just blacks caught in the crossfire, so you can stop with your racist bull💩.

• The difference is that your children do not fear for their lives. Your children are 3 times less likely to get killed than a person of color.

• @Maeu Daou I don’t know I think wealth is something everyone can achieve but they gotta work harder then the other 99% to achieve it. Dr Dre, Jay z, Beyonce, Daymond John, Oprah Winfrey, Kanye west, all billionaires or right under that number. What’s your excuse? Too hard?

• Dont get high on your own supply and carry oneuptop and heres a good one try getting a white girl pregnant we need that house son.”

• Please excuse his father. He is in jail? Because of inequality of wealth in this country? Failure of justice systems? Privatize prisons for profit? Racist Hollywood black cultures? Etc.

14. As for the ” staring at ‘ white ‘ women ” i almost bump into them because i don’t acknowledge them whatsoever, matter of fact, just the other day i almost trampled a ‘ white ‘ woman like HPD did a woman with that horse. 🐎

• @saltyp they do that with everyone they catch its not there fault blacks cause scenes every time they get caught in the act yelling and kicking at them what do you expect.

• Your white son will be just fine trust me. If they catch him stealing they’ll probably make him apologize and give him a ride home.

• The difference is, that common sense for him is Life or Death for us in many cases. We’re told these things from a young age, not because it’s simply common sense, but because in doing any of these things we might not come back to our parents. For your children, it’s proper upbringing. For us, it’s a “Guidebook to Making it to 18, or the Natural End of Our Lives”.

• Big difference here,,, your white son can and likely does violate these rules daily but for a black child its the bible,, has nothing much to do with upbringing for a black child it’s so he’s not killed behind the color of his skin or if someone persives him to be older or look you know the exscuses are endless when you kill a black child